View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 12:39 PM   #4
cfos

I think that it all depends on your feel -- similar to what someone above posted.

Couple of question regarding specs (not trying to thread-jack and somewhat relevant to the original post):

I'm curious as to whether people actually achieve the "reported" times reported in the specs. Likewise, how many cars are tested before coming to the conclusion of, lets say 4.8 seconds? Are these factory-trained "professional" drivers that run 10 or so times (on a track?) and they take an average?

I also thought I read a thread or a post on this forum stating that cars of the same model and year may have different acceleration, hp? etc., from like models of the same build year. Granted, I'm not basing this on anything scientific as I was just thinking about this, but I would venture that a given driver would likely achieve different times per car and (perhaps?) per stats reported from the car company -- anyone ever try to match the acceleration times or have experience with other models? I ask this also because I've also read either here or another forum -- especially when attending auto-x, that experienced drivers can often attain better times, etc., than the respective owners...

Last edited by cfos; 08-16-2007 at 12:44 PM.
cfos is offline   Reply With Quote