View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 12:14 AM   #10
Aerokit986

Thanks for all! Very good information!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkwatt
It's not worth dumping money into the base Boxsters brakes,they are great as is. The stopping distance between the base & S brakes is so small your better off putting money elsewhere,perhaps better tires. Now the braking distance between the base Boxsters and the GT3 brakes might be something to consider but I doubt it. Just remove the spare tire,get a lighter exhaust and I bet that would be the same payoff as upgrading the brakes but for much less $$$$.

By the way how much are you gonna pay for the GT3 brakes?
I`ve Michelin Pilot Cup`s for track so I can`t get any better tires. Boxster brakes just are not enough for hard core track driver (Nurburgring Nordschleife BTG 8.38 with 220hp Boxster using Michelin Pilot Sport 2 street tires). I have pagid orange/blue pads and they were enough for street tires but could be better when using MPSC`s. The price for GT3 calipers would be about 1000 euros (used). Spare tire has gone and so has the exhaust been upgraded.

Because so many of you recomended Boxster S/carrera brakes I`ll most likely buy them. Friend of mine have an extra set of calipers. I`m also considering 3.4 engine upgrade next year so I have been a bit worried if they are enough for 3.4 engine and track tires. But I quess they will be okay with Pagid race pads for pretty light car.
Aerokit986 is offline   Reply With Quote