Thread: 2001 Boxster s
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 06:36 PM   #4
matty-matt

i bought my 01 Boxster S exactly three years ago 'sight unseen' from over 1000 miles away. it had under 10k miles on it and is pretty heavily optioned. i paid $31k.

i had the seller take it to his local porsche dealership for a complete inspection which i had scheduled with their service department and paid for at my expense. i spoke with the tech doing the inspection as well as the service mgr. some defects were found which were fixed under warranty (now expired).

i also had the seller take the car to an appointment i had scheduled on the same afternoon at a local body shop near the Porsche dealership. i paid a nominal fee for them to look the car over for dents, paint work, etc.

after satisfaction with the condition of the car, i had a cashier's check made out for the purchase price and flew one-way where the seller and his wife met me at the airport parking garage where we completed the deal and i drove it home.

having a good gut feel about the car and seller helped, especially since it was a private party sale. i would feel more comfy with a dealership for obvious reasons.

it all worked out great and i love the car which has proven to be wonderful.

one suggestion....don't be in a hurry, if you don't need to. pick the year(s), color, options, mileage, condition and price that work for you and wait for that car. it is out there and somebody wants to get rid of it. i saved a lot of $ by going to where the cars are popular and finding a buyer that wanted to sell asap.

best of luck to you!

matt
matty-matt is offline   Reply With Quote