Thread: 2001 Boxster s
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 04:53 PM   #1
hookoo3

2001 Boxster s

I'm looking for some guidance in the purchase of my first Porsche. I'm very gratefull for all the information on this site and others and have read all the basic information and guides. I have the opportunity to purchase a 2001 BOXSTER S which is listed at $27,000. The positives are that this is the color combination that I'm looking for and there are not that many of them. The photos show that the vehicle is in very good condition and almost pristine and is at 32,000 miles plus has premium Kinesys wheels. I'm assured I should have no concerns about the mechanical. There are no other options other than the base Boxster S. The negatives are that the vehicle had 4 different owners, has a small ding, and is 1500 miles away. It appears to me that at this price there are many 2003 base Boxster's and some 50,000 mile 2003 Boxster S's at this price range. What guidance and information can you provide? Should I concentrate on a 2003? What is the experience of owners of the 2001 Boxster S? I'm willing to make only one extended trip to purchase a Boxster and don't want to make extra trips to get it right. Opinions, advice and guidance are appreciated. Thanks.
hookoo3 is offline   Reply With Quote