View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 07:57 AM   #8
FrayAdjacent

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaluk
It's funny because I called the dealership to ask how much the O2 sensor cost, and they quoted me $348(for the part only). They didn't mention that there were 4 of them.

How can I identify which one it is?

And why the hell would there ever be 4 on any car?

There are four of them on a car because there are two on either side. The exhaust comes out of both sides of the engine, so there are two paths to the muffler. An 02 sensor is placed before the catalytic converter, and one after, on either side.

You can get adequate aftermarket O2 sensors for much cheaper than the Porsche OEM units. Search around, several people have replaced them.

Usually the specific code you get from the DME will be specific to which O2 sensor is problematic.

O2 sensors ARE wear items - just like tires, they have a useful life, and need to be replaced eventually. How many miles on your car?

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote