View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 06:17 AM   #1
iflyadesk

Power steering problems

I completed two track weekends in the Boxster with no issues. Then yesterday, I rented my home track for a couple hours to set a base line time before I tore it apart and installed all the new goodies. After about an hour of driving it started to get pretty hot, so I pulled off and let it cool. The temp needle shot up to the red and I could hear the coolant bubbling. I drove it around at low rpms for a little while and the temp recovered. However, the power steering pump started making loud noises. I was half an hour from home and had no power steering fluid on hand, so I had to just drive home and avoid steering as much as possible. When I got home and threw it up on jack stands, it dumped fluid all over my garage floor. This is the first drop of any fluid the car has leaked on my floor. I checked the level and the stick is bone dry.

(1) Have any of you experienced this?

(2) Is there anything else I should do to prevent this from happening in the future?

(3) Other than bleeding the lines and replacing the fluid, do you think anything is permanently broken that I'll have to fix before I can drive it again?

Thanks!
Sam
iflyadesk is offline   Reply With Quote