Thread: 911 vs boxster
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 05:59 PM   #19
ultimate1

Send a message via AIM to ultimate1 Send a message via Yahoo to ultimate1
I grew up loving the 911 Carerra in the late 80's and early 90's. A co-worker had an 89 Carerra Cabrio and it was the ****************. I made up my mind that I had to have one of these machines. In 89 Porsche came out with the Speedster and that is my favorite car out of all of the 911's.

I loved the 993 but that car is a money pit beyond belief. When the Boxster came out I was in love with the shape and I had to have one. However, I was knee deep in student loans and just started to make decent money but not enough to buy a new one. Then I got laid off in 2001 and had to change careers. I had a great few years and got my Boxster last year and I love it. It does not have the rocket ship like takeoff as the 911 had or has but it is pretty damn close. Also the Boxster looks way better than the 996 or the 997 in my opinion.

I love my 2000 base Boxster and I plan on keeping her for as long as I can. The only other Porsche that I have to have is an 89 Speedster. Maybe in a few years as I am getting my business up and running.

Anyway, just another car nuts opinion for what its worth.
ultimate1 is offline   Reply With Quote