View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 12:26 PM   #19
Perfectlap

The longer I own my 986S the less inclined I am to sell it. I've been a fan of the headlights since the concept car came out in 1993. that design had an edge/agrresiveness to it that is lacking in the 987/997. I guess Porsche decided to revert to the 993 classic look with the 987/997 and I don't at all care for the 993 styling. I would have prefferred seeing the Boxster move in the front end styling direction similar to the new Cayenne or the Carrera GT.
But anyhooters... with the right mods I think a 986 can look good for many years to come.
on performance, I need an increase of at least 100 HP to consider a jump to a newer model...MAYBE. I think you need to be in the 400hp realm to significantly alter the roadster experience. And that will never happen.
There is no deficiency in the power of 986S. I get from 0-100 in a snap and a quick abrupt turn of the wheel and you've got more than you can handle.

I do wish they made a much lighter BoxsterS with a more spartan RS style interior and exterior...racier without being ricier. Kinda like the 996 Ruf cars.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote