Thread: new waterpump
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 03:01 AM   #2
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverboxter
i really love this forum and i really love my 01 base box. just wanted to share this experience. last week i was at best buy looking for a nano ipod for the wife. when i got to the parking lot i noticed a leak (green...always thought coolant on a pcar was pink) under the box. anyway, got it towed to ******************************** bavaria in san jacinto, ca and hoped for the best. got home and checked this site. seems that pcars w/60k miles have the water pump go out. further reading showed that this would cost around nine bills. not good news but at least i knew what to expect. well, when i got the call that it was a leaking water pump and it would cost $750, i was prepared. it's a nice chunk of change but this forum prepared me for it...for what it's worth. well, i got her back and she's running great! thanks forum and thanks ********************************!
This always puzzles me. I also know of Boxsters with 150K+ miles with their original water pumps still working, so wondering why some fail so early. Mine is an 01 as well, with 50K miles, and so far the pump's still good. Knock on wood.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote