View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 11:00 AM   #1
Chills

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Got back from a 3300 mile road trip...

I went out to Albuquerque from Chicago two weeks ago, driving the Boxster, and spent a week there. It was a 17.5 hour drive, which I did in 2 days. I've done this drive in many different cars and an SUV pulling a trailer full of sport bikes, and I have to say the trip was so much better in the Boxster. The car is awesome.

I set the cruise to 82mph (speed limits are 75 once you get to Oklahoma) and the car ran fine. I was a bit worried driving that far but I had not one problem. It ran smoothly, was pretty quiet at that speed, and got pretty good gas mileage. I averaged 28.3 mpg on the entire trip and had the A/C running 85% of the time (it was damn hot in OK and TX).

One complaint I do have about the car is that when the re-circulation is on but the AC is off the recirc only stays on for 3-5 minutes before opening up the fresh air again. I understand why the engineers designed it that way, but I wish they hadn't.

3300 miles in a week. I'm giving the car a break now that I'm back and letting her rest.

BTW, this is my 505th post. Anyone from New Mexico knows what 505 is.

Here are a few pics:

1. Approaching St Louis on I-55. You can see the Arch in the middle behind the tree.

2. I stayed at a friend's house for a few days. She has a ranch and I helped out to earn my keep. That's me throwing hay bales from the trailer.

3. One of her horses loved my car. She's got good taste in automobiles.

It's not about the summit, it's about the climb.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q46/chills1138/2.jpg
Chills is offline   Reply With Quote