Thread: WTB: Hardtop
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 07:32 AM   #11
porsche986spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyadesk
I contacted GT Motorsport and they no longer make the hard top, but Larry offered to help me find something else. This is a direct quote from his e-mail, I'm not making this up!

"1. OEM top - in seal gray - $3,000.

2. One of our repro tops – fiberglass – no glass, no weather stripping or hardware (top only) - $799.

1. Your Porsche dealership has them for around $7,000."

When I asked how many parts were required to get the $799 stripped fiberglass hardtop ready to go on the car (using lexan windows) he replied:

"Sam…

Here’s the best deal for you, if you buy through us… Buy the OEM top we have for $3,000. It comes with everything. If you buy just the repro top from us you’ll still need to spend about $2,500 on stuff before you can install it. Check with your dealership to confirm that estimate. Then, if you’re interested get back to me.

Cheers.

Larry"

I replied that a brand new [Lapis Blue] hardtop is $2700 from Sunset Porsche so he stopped writing to me.
I'm confused, they said they no longer make the hardtop, but offer an O.E.M. one for $3000 and the stripped down version still for $799??? What happened to the one for $1049? It's the same as the $799 one, only it comes with the weather stripping and window. I think the "O.E.M." one IS the $3000 one after you add the Seal Gray paint job they are charging you for. I could deffinately buy the fiberglass one that they sell with the heated rear window that cost $1049 primered and go some place else to have it painted.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote