View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 08:20 PM   #1
mjstallion

Alternator Whine in stereo

I got my car stereo installed a few months ago, and in the last 2 weeks I've started to notice alternator whine as the revs go up.

I find this irritating since I went to a high end stereo shop and spent $1000 on installation (door,dash,rear speakers, amp, and rear cam) and I spent that type of money with the expectation that I wouldn't have any noise at all. The $1000 was spent after I went to a crappy installer who installed a lot of the stuff but did a terrible job, so it all had to be redone. Anyway, I have cheap RCA cables going from the head unit to the amp, and I remember the high end stereo shop telling me to get their $75 RCA's because it would make the quality better, but I didn't cuz I thought it was a ripoff.

I know when I go back there to get the issue fixed he's going to blame it on the RCA cables, cuz there's nothing else to blame it on, and because he wants more money. Should I spend the $75 on the RCA's, or tell him he's full of it and that the problem is with a shoddy installation?
mjstallion is offline   Reply With Quote