Thread: 911 vs boxster
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 11:01 PM   #15
Boxter

here's my 3 cents...

I love my 986 but I will have no problem with the large but havin' bathtub when its my turn to purchase....hell the engine issues are still realized across the board. Just talk to any owner of a 987 with low miles and a blown engine.

...as for the less then 986 handling and overall feel I think that is more easily judged by those that track their cars and take driving a bit more seriously.
That fact (unfortunate as it may be to many here) is not why many of us purchased even our very predictable Boxsters. Don't get me wrong, this is easily the best handling car I have ever owned and I have appreciated that very much, but I'll take a 996 cab over it any day. Hell the cars ability to carve is probably THE reason I purchased my Box in the first place but I still want what I do not yet have. Further, I took one test drive in a Box and the search was on until I found her.

...back on point....
I love the aesthetics of both but I fell for the 911 cab at a very young age and I have been drawn to it ever since. That said I was not so young when many of us were blown away with the new boxster model back in the day but it just does not evoke the same emotion for me. Can't put my finger on it but it is what it is.

Some day I'll move on, but for now I am enjoying my second favorite Porsche...and yes, I am also one of those owners who has found himself making extra trips to the garage just to take another peak so all of this babble does come from a big Boxster fan....I just happen to be a slightly bigger 911 cab fan, warts, big butt and all!
Stock w/19" Wheels, stealth K40 front and rear

Last edited by Boxter; 08-06-2007 at 06:06 AM.
Boxter is offline   Reply With Quote