View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 09:40 PM   #12
DC1

I purchased my boxster 2002 at Carmax and have been very happy. I don't recall the exact figures but I have a 5 year extended I think until 95,000 miles and it was like $1600 maybe less (car had 32K). And yes you can take the car anywhere including Porsche. The only difference is if you take it to carmax they waive the $50 deductable. when I purchased I was sent the inspection report and also a report where they sent the car to the local porsche dealership for work prior to my purchase, I think that bill was $3500 from Porsche to Carmax. They also put brand new tires on the car and ordered for me a second key, they even refunded me for purchasing an owners manual after the fact. So yes I have been pleased. I shopped all around and I paid at the time maybe 10% above trade in value and less than suggested retail of KBB, my car also had 18" turbos and the upgraded headlights ( I forget what they are called) but I know those are expensive options. My purchase price if anything was lower than anything I found at a dealer and pretty close to what people were asking private. I did the ppi during my 5 day return period and it came back clean, its been a trouble free year other than a battery. They also did an oil change etc prior to my purchase. Now having said that I was shopping for a used Durango earlier this year, I wanted a 99 or 2000 to use for snowboarding trips etc, carmax had them around $9000 to $10,000. I got mine at a Dodge dealer for less than $7000, pretty big spread so I think you just have to shop around. i think I fell into a good deal with the Poirsche yet i could see how I would have overpaid for the Dodge had I stuck with Carmax. But i must say the carmax experience is wonderful and there is a price for that, to me its worth another 5% or so for the peace of mind and the no pressure/hassle experience. Good luck.
DC1 is offline   Reply With Quote