View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 06:46 PM   #17
John Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Even Steven
I'm just north of the city in the suburbs. I have no intentions on driving the car all year. I'll probably drive it to work once or twice a week in spring/summer/fall and on the weekends. I don't plan on driving it in the winter at all. I also plan on keeping it forever (hopefully) and have it as a classic in mint condition when I'm an old man! LOL.

Will the 19" wheels make it ride that brutally hard on anything but perfectly smooth roads? My last car was an E36 M3 which had a pretty stiff suspension, but nothing that really bothered me. How would the Boxster with 19s compare?
I probably drive my Boxster even less than you plan to normally since I don't drive to work. When I drive it, I am very frequently in Westchester (I keep it there) and I feel there is no shortage of terrible roads there...but as I said, I recognize alot of this is tolerance dependent, so you may differ. But huge wheels on a convertible, bad roads and very little tire sidewall, well, all that impact energy is going to be transferred somewhere if it isn't being absorbed by tires or a compliant suspension - namely the body of the car, as well as the occupant. Was your M3 a coupe or a convertible? Anyway, good luck. If you decide you want that car, you could always ask them to put 17s or 18s on it and save yourself some $$, too. Probably about the only place I will miss the 18s will be on the Tail of the Dragon, but I suspect it's going to be a lot of fun in the Box even on 'puny' 17s, based on prior experience
John Y is offline   Reply With Quote