View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 04:13 PM   #13
JackTs2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Even Steven
So do you guys think this particular vehicle is considered new or used? Is Porsche different than most brands in that if the vehicle was never registered, it can be sold as new even with some miles on it?

Also, how could they start the clock on the warranty if the vehicle is being sold as new? What am I missing here?
I talked to this dealer (Richie) in April and offered him $44.2k for the car and they were insulted. It is still on the MSO, so it's new, but the warranty clock started running in spring 2006 - I think there are 33 months left on the warranty. The story is that it was supposed to be a loaner, the warranty was registered with Porsche, but that the dealership decided that 5 speeds shouldn't be loaners. So it sat, and the warranty clock was running, but they supposedly forgot about that. The story continues that they noticed the warranty had been registered and in early 2007 contacted Porsche to reset the warranty clock - Porsche said " forget about it". So far it has lost between 12 and 15 months of warranty. I ended up buying a 2007 for $5k off sticker (different dealer) and couldn't be happier. Got a set of 18" Carrera S take-offs for a good price and I have that same car with more useful wheels that look exactly the same.
JackTs2K is offline   Reply With Quote