Thread: HID question
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 11:02 AM   #14
humara

Quote:
Originally Posted by pteam
Humara,

On that you could be correct. I dont know the actual scale. I only go by that they told me my lights are 10k , which is why I said in my above posts that any different brand could be totally different.

Also generally most people have said that 10k-12ks are purple. Well my 10k bulbs for my boxster are not purple at all but my lambo lights are purple and several HID companys I see on the road are purple, especially Audis. Purple means higher in temperature.

I also find it hard to belive that lamborghini and Audi, BMW are producing lights that are losing light output because they are purple. If that was the case I dont think they would make the temp that high, but almost every HID light I see at night has some purple in it. As I have stated before my purple lamborghini lights are a little bit (not much) brighter than my non purple HID Porsche lights.
audi, bmw etc are not producing 10000k lights. the color you see is from the projector lenses. and you answered your own question. 10k-12k are purple. your 10k are not purple. using simple logic, we can conclude that your bulbs are not 10k.
humara is offline   Reply With Quote