Thread: HID question
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 08:45 AM   #13
pteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by humara
None of the companies you quoted here use the temperatures you are discussing. perhaps the manufacturer/vendor you bought from is giving you higher temperature ratings to increase sales?

# Anything over 5750 K and human vision and depth perception is significantly reduced
# Anything over 6000 K and the actual lighting output/power reduces exponentially
# Many companies claim to offer 8000- 12000 K Bulbs ...if this were true the headlight would shine DARK BLUE TO EVEN DARKER PURPLE !!

i won't argue with your lights, your pictures look great. i'm just wondering if your temperature scales are off because of some bad/false advertising.
Humara,

On that you could be correct. I dont know the actual scale. I only go by that they told me my lights are 10k , which is why I said in my above posts that any different brand could be totally different.

Also generally most people have said that 10k-12ks are purple. Well my 10k bulbs for my boxster are not purple at all but my lambo lights are purple and several HID companys I see on the road are purple, especially Audis. Purple means higher in temperature.

I also find it hard to belive that lamborghini and Audi, BMW are producing lights that are losing light output because they are purple. If that was the case I dont think they would make the temp that high, but almost every HID light I see at night has some purple in it. As I have stated before my purple lamborghini lights are a little bit (not much) brighter than my non purple HID Porsche lights.
Supercharged Viper SRT-10 800 HP Special Edition #49 of #50 (current)
Ferrari 360 Spider
Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster
911 Cab
Boxster S (current)
08 Hummer H2 (current)
BMW Z3 (current)

Limos in Ohio and PA - First Class Limo Columbus Limos

http://pteam.net/avatar3.jpg
my car collection *Porschephiles agree, Desnorkify your Porsche!*
pteam is offline   Reply With Quote