View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 08:04 AM   #15
steve00s

To each their own I guess. The mother will have to live with the consequences of her actions but in my opinion people who do not earn things do not appreciate them. We may be doing things that we think are in our children's best interest at the time but life lessons and parenting sometimes mean holding back what our hearts would like us to do. I have a 16 year old son who is crazy about cars and I could buy him the coolest car in town but what would that teach him? I believe that it would rob him of the satisfaction of working, earning, and than smiling a sense of accomplishment because he did it himself. Working towards a dream instead of it handed to him like an ice cream cone. The world is full of these stories about kids gifted with too much car for their maturity. I know personally of three horrible accidents and two deaths because of this type of situation. This particular kid may be great and wise beyond his years but it is a bad recipe. At any rate, about the car. They are pretty nice in a straight line but I have seen it autocrossed and it wasn't pretty. Its like so many of the new domestic cars that are one dimensional. Not the total package but would be fun at the weekend drags.
ROW M030 Suspension
Front & Rear Strut Braces
B&M Short Shift & EVO Billet Linkage
steve00s is offline   Reply With Quote