View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 04:13 PM   #20
iflyadesk

At the race, I plan on running just one aluminum seat, pulling the spare tire, the passenger door panel, all the speakers and head unit, and running on fumes. I can't change the exhaust without being assessed points based on power gains, and I can't spend any more points in this class. I don't think there is anything else I can do without going off the deep end.

Maybe next year... One trick I would do with the miata is remove the soft top, drive to the event with the hard top, and then remove that too. Of course, after a while I figured out the increased stiffness of the hardtop about countered the weight, and the aerodynamic advantage at speed outweighed them both. I'm not thoroughly convinced a little bit of weight matters, as I once qualified in Spec Miata only to find out I was 65lbs under weight. I added two 25lb bricks and 3 gals of fuel and lost 0.003 seconds in the next qualifying session.

Does anyone have a set of PSS9s with the 450/500 BSR springs they'd like to sell me? What about a used set of PSS9s? Don't let them collect dust in your closet! Help a Boxster win Nationals!
iflyadesk is offline   Reply With Quote