View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 06:48 AM   #6
djoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
Well your first discription is alittle confusing but heres how it works, in hot weather (80+F) and even in 70F the temp gauge will sit on top of the 0 on 180. When the AC is off (meaning the snowflake is not lit on ac controls) the fans will turn on when the temp needle reaches the far side of the 0, until it drops to the near side of the 0 towards the 8.

With the AC on, the fans run 100% of the time and usually the temp needle will NOT go beyond the near side of the 0, unless you were racing the engine on the freeway for 10 minutes straight, then it'lll take some minutes of easy driving to drop back down to the near side of the 0 on the 180 mark.

The "0" of 180 is just an indication, acutally, I'm in HK and the temp guage is using Celcius, I just follow F. to explain. Anyway, somtime, the pointer goes beyong the 3rd mark.

After a normal drive and turn off the AC, the radiator fans are still on, I guess this is normal.

But the engine compartment fan is not always on. Even it turns on, the temp didn't drop much, let say only few degree drop and the coolant temp was 103C ~107C, high enough?
djoa is offline   Reply With Quote