View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 08:20 PM   #9
koboxster

not so great boxster day

Couple Saturdays ago, planned a road around our state oklahoma. Two months of rainy weather has really limited our top down fun drive time.
My wife and myself got up early, packed sandwiches, small ice chest, swimsuits for a possible dip in one of our river streams. Left home, sun coming up 70 degrees with high in upper 80's later. Looking good, cruising down the highway at 75, sunscreen on, new CD in changer, then.... Five miles from home engine makes noise, shimmys a little then dies. Coast to side of road and observe as oil runs out of engine. Not good. Gets towed to local porsche shop and they still do not know problem but simply say it is not good. Thanks to the forum they have helped me diagnosis it as IMS failure and will require a new engine. No trip, no warranty and a new engine, bummer! Again thanks to the forum and I had it delivered the local porsche factory dealer today who has experience with this problem and they should tear down in next couple days. Also, they will help try and contact Porsche about some possible assisstance.
All this said, I would still not like to part with my Boxster S. I have had miatas, Mercedes, lexus and other Porsches, but this boxster s is super fun to drive so will probably stick with it.

Thanks again for assistance on my other thread
koboxster
koboxster is offline   Reply With Quote