View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 08:25 PM   #1
djomlas

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
sparkplug change

for those who are interested in seeing some pictures from sparkplug removal and installation here it is. its not all that, but the pics speak for themselves.
make sure to have the spark plug removal tool.

1st step is to take the rear wheels off, good idea to give them a nice scrub fromt the inside while they are off.
then you will see this:

obviously, you have 3 on one side and 3 on the other side.
and here is another pic, you can see the caliper in this pic as well, just a diff. angle a little

in this picture here you can see that on the block there are 2 holes, thats how the whole thing was secured, with spark plug inside.
remove those and this is what you will see:

an easy trick is to take a piece of rubber hose, usually used as vacuum lines, and stick it inside, and pull the spark plug out, use the same for re installation of the old one.
here is a picture of the old spark plug compared to the new ones.
i ordered the new ones from sunset imports. quick delivery and good price.

believe it or not that is all, you will just have to make sure to gap them to the right specs. there is a lot of threads on what the specs for torquing the spark plugs should be , depending on your engine, 2.5, 2.7.....and so on
its either this, or pay your dealer $350 to do this, hahahahaah, when i heard that i just couldn't stop laughing, sorry, but thats total BS, since anyone can do this.
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote