View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 07:43 PM   #1
pecivil

Great Boxster day

My 10 year old and I went on an extremely nice 2 hour ride today, up to the peak of our local "mountain". 14 miles of the twisties in the exteme, not much traffic, hot and sunny, top down, and 300 horses.....

We were all smiles. It never ceases to amaze me how well the car handles, how balanced it is and how well it stays "stuck". The uphill portion was fun, I kept it mostly in 3rd, with some downshifts, but going down the 4000 feet, the degree of grade and very tight turns was WAY fun. I kept it in 2nd mostly, using the tranny to help keep the downhill speed down, revving between 4 to 6 k rpms all the way down. We got stuck behind slower cars only a couple of times, and we had several nicely cooporative people who used the turnouts to let us zoom past.

San Diego people!! Do any of you to Palomar Mtn runs?? Early Saturday mornings are a great time to really drive your baby on roads that were meant for Porsches.
We went up the 78, through Ramona, up to the 79, then took the 76 to the increadible S7 hwy. Then on to the S6 back down to the 76.

2 hours that I promise will be the best time you could possible spend with your clothes on.

It would be a "cool" thing to get some guys to do this run on some type of regular basis. Saw lots of bikes (of course) and 2 Boxsters, one 993, and one 996 during our drive.
Evo Intake
Partial Carbon Interior
Black Leather Sport seats
M030 Sway Bars
Litronics w/ Clear Corners
Boxster S brakes
B&M Short Shifter
PnP rear Speakers + Amp
pecivil is offline   Reply With Quote