View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 04:01 PM   #1
koboxster

2001 boxster s blown engine?

Hi,
Brand new to forum and seeking advice. Have owned my 01 Boxster S for about a year now with no problems. Has 51,000 miles on it. Last week while driving down highway, motor started losing power, making noise and then died. When front was being lifted onto tow truck, it was apparent that most of the oil was leaking out. The mechanic I have it at now has not torn it down yet, but while up on lift, said there was some object he could detect in the transmission housing, plus appeared that the oil leaked out between the transmission housing and engine. I am waiting on him to pull transmission to see what the problem is and he is not very hopeful the diagnosis is going to be good. I am afraid that something came apart in the engine and possibly looking at engine replacement. Very likely this is the situation and if so, wondering what might be best option, remanufacturored engine, trying to rebuild the original or ??? Of course I am speculating at this point, but not sure what else could have come off between engine and transmission that would have made engine quit PLUS all the oil to leak out.
Thanks
koboxster is offline   Reply With Quote