View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 10:42 AM   #3
easyc

Most of your questions will be answered by searching over at the Boxster Racing board....

But I will give you my 2 cents worth...

I want to eventually make my 01 S into either a stock class Cup racer or NASA car, but its already a pretty formidable DE'er.
Tires... hoosier are what the best are running... you want to be competitive in NASA you have to have them. If not... the MPSC or Toyo RA1 or the new R888.
In the front you will want to run 245 width... depending on wheel height your sidewall number will change obviously. With a 17" stock rim (which is light, strong, and cheap to get used) you would run 245/40-17 in the front... some will run the same size in the rear... now you will need a 17x8.5 boxster rear rim to fit that size tire so you aren't pinching it on a 7". Also others run up to a 275 or so in the rear. The front 245 will need a spacer (5-7mm).
Suspension... GT3 front adjustable sway bar, and either a Tarret or HR rear bar with stronger droplinks... you will have your understeer dialed out with those. Most Boxster racers choose to go with the Bilstein PSS9's... I have them and love them and they work great with the aforementioned sway bars... They are relatively cheap for coilovers too. Last problem you will run into is alignment settings... I will spare you another paragraph about that stuff needless to say if you want full potential you will need control arms in the rear from tarrett and at least camber plates OR GT3 arms in the front. Rear you can get fine camber, but Toe is a problem... in the front stock only gets you around -1.5. Now if you didn't want to get coilovers a ROW 030 setup will be pretty good as well... its the euro factory suspension option, but its almost as coilovers.

As I said the boxster racing board is a wealth of knowledge on the subject... you will find some properly setup 2.7 spec boxsters outrunning GT3s.
1987 928 S4 white on red and... dead
2004 Chevy Surburban... drinks gas like its cheap or something
easyc is offline   Reply With Quote