View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 07:13 AM   #16
pteam

OK well its gonna cost me at least $400 , $200 for the tow and my warranty $200 deductable.

Yes it was coolant on the ground, it looks like it came from the overflow tank, and there was a very small amount around the coolant cap in the trunk.

The local parts store have no parts at all for a porsche boxster, so I'd probably have to order it online if I wanted to and wait for those to get here. The Porsche dealer said that that code could be from the engine just reading or reading low coolant (which it doesnt have, its 2 inches from the top) or a slight overheat. So I'm just gonna have it towed to them and they can fix it. It could be a thermostat which could still be very likely or the actual engine temp sensor but neither I can get locally and would have to order and I could replace both and that might still not fix it.

We could have cleared the code ourselves, and ordered the parts but do I order a thermostat and and engine temp sensor then clear the code? Then it might still have not been the problem, so just gonna have it towed to the dealer.

P0117 Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit - Low Input (High Temp) A . A=MIL Triggered on first occurrence . Thats why the porsche dealer said it could have just been a high temperature reading. But the CEL came on after only running the car for 2 minutes at idle yesterday.
Supercharged Viper SRT-10 800 HP Special Edition #49 of #50 (current)
Ferrari 360 Spider
Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster
911 Cab
Boxster S (current)
08 Hummer H2 (current)
BMW Z3 (current)

Limos in Ohio and PA - First Class Limo Columbus Limos

http://pteam.net/avatar3.jpg
my car collection *Porschephiles agree, Desnorkify your Porsche!*

Last edited by pteam; 07-19-2007 at 08:00 AM.
pteam is offline   Reply With Quote