View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 07:05 AM   #7
ultimate1

Send a message via AIM to ultimate1 Send a message via Yahoo to ultimate1
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkwatt
He could have ripped me for the catalytic converter and would have dropped a grand without knowing that it was under the 8/80 warranty.

He's paid one way or another. If he has replaced that much in an attempt to fix your CEL then he doesn't know what he's doing,take it somewhere else. If it's under warranty then why not take it to the dealership?
I have a warranty that is why I take it to the dealership. The aggravating thing is that the dealership in Palm Beach defines the term stealership. So I have to go to Pompano Beach which is about a 45 minute drive. So I basically lose 1.5 hours to 2 hours out of my day. Being self-employed that is a lot of time that I can be using for generating business. If only PCNA would or could create a more uniform system with regards to serviceing and costs as has BMW and Lexus. The Palm Beach dealership is only 10 minutes from my house. But the service guy I dealt with at Braman Porsche was a primetime a-hole for lack of a better way to describe the guy's attitude.

The repairs that I mentioned have spanned over the course of a year and a half. I have driven the car quite a bit as I logged 27000 miles during that time and my car is a 2000 so I expect things to need repairs here and there. I will let everyone know what the code reads when I bring it in tomorrow. Thanks for all the replies.
ultimate1 is offline   Reply With Quote