View Single Post
Old 12-12-2004, 08:42 AM   #1
Thumper

Talking Just bought my first Boxster!

Well I convinced the wife that I needed something that was better on fuel economy to drive back and forth to work than my 4x4 truck, so I began to scour the classifieds for something that fit the bill...and that I could stand to be seen in. I was pleasantly surprised at used Boxster prices, and after driving my first Boxster, I was hooked. Nothing else would do.

I ended up buying a 2001, Guards Red with black interior, Boxster (not and S, but that gives me something to look forward to when it's time to trade this one in). 30k miles with 4 months of factory warranty left. The interior looks brand new, the exterior has a few road chips, but otherwise it is in near excellent shape.

I took the wife with me to go test drive it at the dealership and once she saw it, she was sold! A nice surprise was that when they pulled it out of the garage, the used car manager informed my salesman that he also needed to get that thing out of his office. My salesman said "what thing?", A HARDTOP!!!! The salesman had thought it went to a Mercedes....so he's not very Porsche savvy (not to say that I am either.....yet).

After signing the paperwork and letting the wife drive it the 50 miles home (I know how to endear her to a new toy), I just happened to glance at the paper and saw that someone local had a near new set of Gemballa Competition 18" wheels with Hoosier racing slicks for sale for 2K. I was lucky enough to be the first caller and snagged them up! They threw in a Boxster racing roll bar, Sparco seat belts, a fire extinguisher and mount, and a front bra (it looks like it would go on a Z3, not a Boxster).

So now I need to find a place that is familiar with the Gemballa's to have the tires swapped out and to find someone who needs some Hoosier racing slicks. I'd even be willing to sell the roll bar.

I'd post a pic of the new prize, but not real sure how to do it here.

Just wanted to introduce myself.

Jeff

Last edited by Thumper; 12-12-2004 at 08:46 AM.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote