View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 07:54 PM   #12
tracke30m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wret
As mentioned, unless you are already conditioned to horsepower, you may be content with the "fast looking" 2.7 liter boxster. I am fairly certain that you will not find an "S" with 50,000 miles or less for $20,000. I believe the lowest I've seen with those criteria is $21,900.

I bought my 2001 "S" three weeks ago after a fairly exhaustive search. When I started looking, I had no intension of getting an "S" but added it to my must-have criteria after test driving a regular 2.7 liter.
I just test drove a 00' non S an hour ago, it was not fast but neither was it slow. That is if you look at it from a daily driver point of view and not from a high performance car point of view. I'm fine with the 2.7, I like it, I dont see the need to get an S. My 996TT has about 500hp, so even an S will feel slow.

What would you you guys pay for an 00' with 35K miles on it? Pretty good shape except the "soft touch" coating on the interior bits are coming off in some areas. It also has no door speakers, a cassette head unit and 16" rims.
tracke30m3 is offline   Reply With Quote