View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 04:38 PM   #11
Perfectlap

I test drove another Porsche this weekend, C4S. And on the drive home I spotted yet another C4S lease return sitting on import used car lot. Both were imaculate 03 and newer and could be had for under $50K. A C4S is not a very common Porsche so the rate of depreciation isn't as accelerated

But will I sell the BoxsterS for it?

NO WAY!!!

Ideally I'd like the BoxsterS for warm weather and then switch over to the AWD when the weather drops below 60.

as far as trading in for a newer Boxster model, I'm not sure I would do that unless we are talking 3.4 BoxsterS and those are going to lose more value than what I'm comfortable with for the near future.. When the 3.4's come down to "plateua point" so to speak of depreciation I *might* consider parting with my 2000 S. The best move in my opinion is to swap to a very very low mileage
986S that checks out on PPI. Maybe the best sports car experience for the money today. You're definitely getting the most bang for the buck. A lower mileage 986S is as reliable and low maintenance as anything I have ever owned. In order to turn that down you would need to offer me *at least* a 50 HP improvement. Anything less would be different but not tremendously bettter from a driving experience.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote