View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 02:14 PM   #1
pteam

Flashing warning light above temp gauge

I'm actually camping right now. Been driving the car 01 S everyday. No problems, runs great, no leaks, etc

Today went to start the car its been sitting in the sun but its only like 80 degrees out and it rained last night and the "warning light" above the 250 degrees gauge comes on and flashes continuously on even though the car hasnt ran all day. The needle as all the way to the left under 100 the lowest number. No CEL light. I ran the car for 2-3 minutes then the CEL light came on, good thing I got the warranty. The needle never went past 100 but I only ran it for a few minutes.

The manual says that the coolant temperature is too high, or low on coolant. I just checked the coolant and its all the way to the top.

The book also says the engine compartment blower fan could be not working.

This light started flashing as soon as I started up the car. But last time we drove it was fine.

I checked all the radiators and air passages in the front and all are clear, also checked both intakes on the sides of the car and both are clear. I checked under the car nothing broken nothing appears to be leaking, we're parked in the grass, checked the grass nothing, the roads here are gravel roads, nothing I can see wrong at all.

I checked the oil, the engine was a little warm but mostly cold. The countdown made me wait 10 minutes not 30 seconds, and it came back 2 lines below full which is like 4-5 lines above low, which is fine I guess.

I've started the car like 3-4 times and it starts right up and seems to be running normal, but I havnt run it for more than 2 minutes, cause I'm scared lol

Has anybody else experienced this? There arnt any leaks under the car and its run fine everyday.

Also is it safe to drive it to the porsche dealer which is about 45 mins away from here mostly freeway?

Did I mention I'm really worried?
Supercharged Viper SRT-10 800 HP Special Edition #49 of #50 (current)
Ferrari 360 Spider
Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster
911 Cab
Boxster S (current)
08 Hummer H2 (current)
BMW Z3 (current)

Limos in Ohio and PA - First Class Limo Columbus Limos

http://pteam.net/avatar3.jpg
my car collection *Porschephiles agree, Desnorkify your Porsche!*

Last edited by pteam; 07-18-2007 at 04:31 PM.
pteam is offline   Reply With Quote