Thread: Desnorking
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 05:46 AM   #5
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhamr
Even if it acted as a venturi or smoothed the flow of air that would end as soon as it got to the air box and filter so sorry there can be no power benefit to it. It likely has no real world affect on engine performance either positive or negative, but improves sound. It takes less than 5 mins to pull out so give it a try. As to getting water in there when washing don't leave the motor running and nothing will get sucked up.
I don't even think water is an issue if you pull out the snork because I put my hand up the path of the intake box after my friend pulled out his snork, and noticed that the water would have to travel upwards quite a bit before getting through to the next area.

Oh, and, I've watched 3 people desnork in the past, and in all three cases, either they ended up snapping one of the arms off the plastic grilles, or broke off the lower inner ridge of their painted airbox casing while trying to get at the snork tube. Anyone know of the best technique to get at the snork easily without breaking anything?

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red

Last edited by Boxtaboy; 07-16-2007 at 05:56 AM.
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote