View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 09:09 AM   #1
S_PILOT

Just installed Dansk exhaust-not impressed!

Hi folks,

I was rear-ended a couple of weeks ago. very little damage, but the stock exhaust tips were punched into the muffler so it had to be replaced.

the OEM was going to cost $600, I let the insurance company of the person at fault pay for that, and I chipped in another $250 to get the new Dansk SS exhaust with replaceable tips(there are 4 tips you can choose from), for $850.

got the car back from the dealer last Wednesday and other than the really nice SS tip sticking out, I couldn't tell the difference from stock from a sound standpoint. It is dead quiet, just like the OEM.

I even looked under the rear to ensure they did not attach the Dansk tips onto the old muffler!

I wasn't expecting it to sound like a V-8 demon from hell like my Z06 Borla's, but this is pitiful. I have had two 911 owners in the car with me and both swore I was lying about having the Dansk on until they checked out the rear end and sure enough the shiney Dansk muffler is indeed back there.

Do these things have to break in over time to give any grunt at all?

My wife is fine with it as she drives it almost exclusively and does not like a loud exhaust, so the improved look is enough for her...

Glad I only had to cover $250 for this system......I have heard people talk about how great the Dansk sounded.....huh???
2002 Toyota Tundra 4x4-daily driver

Last edited by S_PILOT; 07-15-2007 at 09:14 AM.
S_PILOT is offline   Reply With Quote