View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 02:21 PM   #3
Grizzly

Hi Sabrina,

I agree with Adam, that you should buy the newest car you can possibly afford. I also agree that ebay is a great place to look. At any time there are over 100 Boxsters to choose from, and you can search them by year and distance from your home. Once you find something you think you like, it may be worth the cost of a plane ticket to go and see it, if it's not local.

I bought my car off of ebay, and it has been an absolute joy.

Don't forget the most important thing; a pre purchase inspection (ppi). They are done by the Porsche dealer for about $250.00. It's the best $250.00 you'll ever spend. They'll go over the car with a fine tooth comb and tell you everything that may be wrong with it. Don't buy a car without having one done.

If you're not comfortable with ebay, look in the classified section of the PCA website (you have to be a member to access the classifieds). We PCA guys tend to be pretty particular about our cars, so you're likely to find nice examples there.

Lastly, be patient and wait for the right car. It took me months to find the one that spoke to me, and I couldn't be happier.

Welcome aboard. Now that you're here, get acquanted with the search function. Every question you have has probably been addressed at some point. If not, we're all here for you.

Good luck.
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote