View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 11:09 AM   #2
Perfectlap

well I'm in your neck of the woods and I'll tell you right now all season will not cut it. My advice is to order some Carrera 5 spoke replicas for $800 and get a set of decent snow tires $600-$800.
I run the Goodyear F1 GS-D3 on my 18" Carrera 5 spoke from May to November and then Pirelli WinterSports the other six months. I plan to order the replicas wheels at the end of the fall and mount my snows to them.

I learned this lesson one night travelling home from NYC to NJ. It was raining when I left the city and within 15 minutes (literally) I was in a completely snow covered rows. That's the North East one minute everything is ok the next minute the car is spinning like Sebastien Loeb on three wheels in the rally of Finland.
Except he can actually steer. It took me nearly half an hour to get from the left lane to the exit and I missed getting crushed by an 18 wheeler by less than two feet. Dumped the car as soon as I got off the exit ramp and there it sat parked for 48 hours.

all season tires are no damn good. Not enough grip in summer and useless in even a half inch of snow.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote