Thread: pca or club?
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 12:58 PM   #3
70Sixter

As a PCAer for 37 years I recommend it highly. Check out the website at:
http://www.pca.org/ for a list of services.

PCA National give you access to a serious group of experts on-line, Panorama (good club magazine), valuation for insurance, member ads and classifieds in The Mart and on-line, and discounts at a lot of vendors. And a National Parade hosted by a different region every year. There is also a series of Registers (one is for Boxsters).

Dr Kill is right - regional variation can be dramatic. I'm kinda far from my Hurricane Region's center of gravity in Raleigh, but an enthusiastic member has set up a get-together program for locals here on the coast. Regions vary both in activities and activity level. The members determine the activities, and if there are active members there are a lot of events. Each has a magazine dealing with local events of interest.

How close was breakfast meeting? If the regions activities are mostly near you, then you get the "local club" as part of the deal. Check out the other stuff they do.

My region does not have any dues. None of many I've belonged to has. Unless you want dual membership in two regions.
PCA since 1970
70Sixter is offline   Reply With Quote