View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 09:43 PM   #4
aussieboxy

Help

Ok Iv'e had the remote unit for a while and got some time today to have a look at it. I figured the best place to start was at the centrol locking control unit which is located under the passengers seat (Left Hand side of car)

That part was easy. I printed out my wireing diagram & tried to work out how to patch it into the existing system.

The instructions I got with the unit weren't much help as they were designed for a install from nothing.

From what I can determine the door units require a pulse of +12VDC on each of the 2 wires coming from them wire to lock & unlock.

I metered the outputs from the central locking control unit & found 4 outputs, 2 that had +12VDC pulsed when lock activated & 2 that had +12VDC pulsed when unlock activated.

So I thought this is going to be easier than I though. Wrong......

1st I tried to just slice into the existing wiring but that didn't work it seamed like the remote output was being dragged down so I cut the wire and connected the lock output from the remote control unit directly to one of the wires that I thought lead to a door unit.

Well that work but both doors locked when I assumed just 1 would. Ok no big issue to then I connected one of the unlock wires nothiong happened. No unlock. So I tried the other and still no go.

So I conected everything back together & it all works ok except that the LED indicator for when the doors are locked no longer works.

So if anyone could give me some hints on how to get this sorted I would appreciate it.

Thanks

2000 2.7 Boxster
aussieboxy is offline   Reply With Quote