Thread: Pedal Medal
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 01:16 PM   #4
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Thanks guys.

I had read about how difficult it would be to drill through the brake pedal, so I was prepared. My cordless drill isn't that powerful, so I didn't even try to use it. I just broke out my seldom used old electric drill. On top of that, I bought a new set of drill bits. I then took advice I read here or on another site and started with a very small pilot hole, and enlarged the hole with different drill bits until reaching the desired diameter. Lastly, I removed the plastic owner's manual holder under the steering wheel in order to get a better angle with my drill. After taking these steps, it was rather easy to drill the holes. I made marks on my rubber brake and clutch covers and drilled through rubber before going through the substrate. I believe the rubber acted as a guide and prevented the drill bit from sliding around on the metal or plastic.

I hope these tips will be helpful to the next guy.

ddb

Edit - I forgot to say that I didn't use the rubber brake and clutch covers in the final install. I used them as guides and removed them before attaching the metal covers.

Last edited by ddb; 07-03-2007 at 01:47 PM.
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote