View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 12:40 PM   #4
pierre shags

I brought my used 987S into British Columbia from Minnesota and let me tell you there is a lot of paperwork and waiting - more of a problem for the Canadian buyer than the seller.

The buyer will need the title and bill of sale very soon after buying, of course. And the BC insurance wanted the former owner's info - I never understood why. Maybe that is why they want your driver's license. The buyer will also need a recall clearance letter from Porsche US headquarters and a compliance label, which on my 2006 was part of the standard US paperwork.

Once it is in Canada it will need to have daytime running lights activated by the Porsche dealer and then be tested on the provincial level.

I did all the paperwork myself and lost two weeks driving time, so it may make sense to hire a broker of some kind. Don't write it off as a scam yet - ask why particular info is needed. But as the deal gets nearer you will need to talk on the phone.

Rapid motion through space elates one; so does notoriety; so does the possession of money.
pierre shags is offline   Reply With Quote