View Single Post
Old 11-28-2004, 11:39 AM   #16
bamaboxster

Send a message via AIM to bamaboxster
There was a guy running an Elise at the SCCA autox a few months back.

He had a hard time controlling the oversteer situation, but looked like he was having fun. Unfortunately the MG, Vauxhall and other interesting European vehicles are not available on this side of the pond.

I would be in the same situation with the Lotus. They are located in my old area of Atlanta in Gwinnett County. Lotus is gradually making a comeback, the 07 Esprit should be interesting.

Nothing is as flickable as a Porsche right out of the can. The G35 is 1000 pounds heavier than the Boxster. For a luxo boat like the G it handles its own against the Base Boxster. For what its worth, the 987 Boxster S is the way to go for all out performance, while giving you most of the gadgets available in the G. There is also a $20K difference in the price where the Boxster is a roadster justifies some of the added expense and the amazing 3.2 liter takes up the rest.

The Boxster S is the best bang for the buck on the market when it comes to true performance roadsters. There are a lot out there that come very close.

I just hope the dealer here gets it together when I'm ready to order a new 987 S or a 997 S. I will have another Porsche and it will be driven like a Porsche should be driven. for $60-90K I'm determined to have as much fun with it as possible. I have owned 2 911s and 1 Boxster and loved them all. The dealers just have to take it up a notch and be consistent across the board to retain customer loyalty. Its the only gripe I have about owning a Porsche and its the most important to me.

Dave
bamaboxster is offline   Reply With Quote