View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 06:19 PM   #1
986speedster

Need help!! Ignition Problem.

I had a problem with the ignition switch. Not the usual where its hard to turn the key, and pieces break off. When you turn the key, the starter doesnt even turn. Well I have an extended warranty, so I brought to Legend Porsche (1st mistake). After 5 Days they finally told me what I 1st told them (thx to this forum I had prior knowledge of ignition problem) It also affected the A/c controller. Well after waiting for parts, and labor, it was fixed. 1 week later, I got stuck at the stores, without being able to start. After an hour of trying, I finally slammed the clutch pedal down, and turn the key, and Viola!!!It started. Sorry it took so long to get to my question, but could it not have been the ignition switch, but rather something having to do with the car not starting until the clutch is fully depressed? (safety feature?) Could something be wrong with this, I guess clutch switch, which when engaged, allows you to start the car?
Gemballa red face gauges ..(FOR SALE)

http://i28.tinypic.com/2zzlq29.jpg
986speedster is offline   Reply With Quote