Thread: Hard Top
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 03:40 PM   #9
KevinH1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishage
Are the spinlocks an additional safety feature or are they required for any use of the hardtop?

ie - Could one drive the car to the dealer with the top on without them installed in order to get them installed?
It might be OK at low speeds. Without the spinlocks, the top would only be secured at one point on the top header. The two rear attachments would just be sitting loose in the rear brackets.

I don't see why you would need to take the hard top with you to the dealer for installation of the spinlocks. If you don't want to do it yourself (I did mine and it is not that hard) you could take the car to the dealer without the top. You might need to make a second trip to the dealer later to have the top adjusted. I would rather endure the inconvenience of two trips than risk damaging my hard top.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote