View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 02:25 PM   #8
der Geist

I have slotted and cross drilled rotors now. As mentioned there does not seem to be much of a difference vs solid rotors. EXCEPT that after my 1st DE the pads glazed over. My brakes squealed for a week. I was told that this was because the gas produced by the heat and heavy use on the track formed a glaze on the pad. I was also told that either slotted or drilled rotors would solve this problem and it did. I sure hate it when my Boxster's brakes squeal so much people think a bus is pulling up alongside them. I was also told that slotted rotors would wear your pads faster though as they will be creating a slight slicing action as the pad goes across the slot. Also at high speed there is a humming sound when you hit the brakes. I kind of like it.

I don't want to open the whole stopping power can of worms but you should really put some Pagid orange's on for a track day. I swear they have a tremendous amount of stopping power.

'03 Midnight Blue
18" Chromes//Drilled and slotted rotors//pedal upgrade//Alum. Door sills//KSPORT Coilovers//Short Shifter/Strut braces/Clear sides/Hard Top/Speedster humps/Intake//Leather GT3 seats/REVO chip with SPS2
'04 CLK55 AMG 367HP!
'86 944 Guards Red & MINT!
'69 911 Black
PCA Member -Northern Ohio
Cancer Survivor
der Geist is offline   Reply With Quote