View Single Post
Old 11-13-2004, 01:42 AM   #5
bamaboxster

Send a message via AIM to bamaboxster
Kevin,

It is known, all over the Birmingham Area, within dealer circles, that the Tom Williams Porsche Group is having major issues.

Most if not all techs walked out recently taking with them a great deal of priceless knowledge and experience.

I brought my new G35 6MT Coupe down there today and parked it right at the front door of the Porsche showroom. I then went in to see if my parts I ordered 3 weeks ago for the Speedster Humps came in.

Tracy, the Finance Manager walked up to the parts counter asked how the Boxster was. Her jaw just about hit the floor when I told her I traded the car in for another G35 last night. She had been the only one that apologized to me on behalf of the dealership. Tracy is a great Finance Manager and she will get you the best rate out there.

Dean is the new Part Manager replacing the previous manager I had so many problems with. Dean is doing the best he can but his hands are tied with the internal drama going on.

Tracy went on to find the GM (Dave Scott) and bend his ear about what I said to her. On my way out of the dealership after having the correct parts re-ordered, I pulled the General Manager aside and and vented for the last time. His "canned" response was, "If you have any problems, come talk to me". I told him I have every time I walked into the dealership. I went on to say I shouldn't have had to track him down every time I set foot into the dealership for something. After all I owned a brand new semi-exotic $50K Porsche. I went on to tell him, I wanted to buy the new 987 in January, but could not stomach anymore drama at the dealership or loose more time from work. Still didn't receive an apology. That really pi**ed me off and my SO who came down with me.

I have bought over $160,000 in new cars within the past 2 years and still have my 04 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, my 03 Honda GoldWing, 2 months ago my SO's Hyundai Santa Fe LE 3.5l, even helping mom out with her 02 Toyota Camry LE, my 03 Infiniti G356MT Sedan which I traded for my 04 Boxster, traded the Boxster back in on an 04 G356MT Coupe. There is $102,000 in cars in the garage right now.

Porsche (not the car itself) has been the only major thorn in my side out of all of these vehicles.

He then asked me why I bought another G35. I told him that going back to Infiniti should say everything. They treated me with respect, professionalism and courtesy at any dealership I had visited. They follow though on everything then call a few days later to make sure I'm satisfied. I'm sorry, even Hyundai is on top it. I never got that from Tom Williams Porsche, except my (Audi) saleman Steve will call me often just to say hey.

I have to say this, there are a few good people there: Steve in Audi Sales, Tracy the F&I Manager, Dean (is cleaning up the mess in parts department), the Tech Joshua Mack (many Kudos), the detail crew and Twyla the receptionist. If there were more people there that were interested in making it a better place like they guys above are attempting to do, it will be a better place.

Kevin, If you have to take the Boxster there I would ask to speak directly to the tech that will be working on your car. Tell him exactly what is going on with your car and when it acts up. Chuck the Porsche Service Advisor doesn't always relay everything you tell him to the techs. Make sure he puts on your repair order what you are experiencing. You shouldn't have to do this, it is the service advisor's job to be thorough. The techs there will be happy to explain what was done to correct the problem if you need a detailed explanation.

Once its in the tech's hands you should be home free. There are good techs there. Hopefully your parts will be in stock. I hope you don't end up in the black hole of ordering parts and then have it end up on back order. Atlanta is the main warehouse for Porsche parts and Ontario, California is the other. I don't know of another Porsche dealer between me and you that would be better.

Confirm your appointment before you hit the road. Appointments have a way of disappearing off the calendar.

I just hated being held by the "short hairs" because they are the only Porsche dealer within a 200 mile radius of Birmingham.

Good Luck,

Dave
bamaboxster is offline   Reply With Quote