View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 03:25 PM   #12
williamsF1

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverpete
Unlike many cars - any oil drips need to be checked out immediately. Unfortunately if not properly diagnosed some leaks can be catastrophic (RMS). If it turns out to be something you can live with then I suppose you can just let it leak. But then you won't be able to spot the potentially imminent RMS leak.

Don't freak out too much - you do have a 9 year old vehicle and some problems are to be expected.

Let us know how things turn out!
Im not sure what you mean by 'spot the potentially imminent leak'.

If I know I allready have RMS, and people say I can still drive the car as loong as I wipe up the floor when I'm done What is there to look out for ?

I have auto-tiptronic in my car so I dont know how that affects the clutch-replacement of the car, but I have decided to run it by another Porsche mecanic and let him check it out. If he says it's a 'RMS' and something I can live with for now, I guess I will wait...

Someone mentioned IMS - How do I tell the difference, Will a IMS be a complete leak and not just drips ?

Of course I will get back to this forum with a status after I have had the car in for another check

Thank you everybody for the response, it was very nice to hear from you 986spyder how you 'lived' with the RMS for such a loong time... for now I can live with the dripping like you did !
williamsF1 is offline   Reply With Quote