View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 02:05 PM   #11
porsche986spyder

I just read this on RennTech:

"No problems. You can let it leak forever without damage.
Even in the most extreme rare case (and I don;t know if this has ever happened) that the seal fell out, it won;t blow your engine up...

Any comments on this - can I drive with my RMS without problems and wait till the problem becomes a lot worse ??[/QUOTE]

I would have to agree. But it's more of a nusance of looking at it on the ground everytime you park it some place. I did the same thing. Had mine with small drips for about 1 yr. Never had any problems with oil loss. Just keep an eye on the oild level and top off if needed. I NEVER even needed to add any oil between changes. Oil level always read where it should be. I even brought it to my machanic and he to said, wait until the clutch needs to be replaced and kill 2 birds with 1 stone. That's the smart thing to do. I only needed to replace the clutch because I was doing something stupid with my car, (drag racing/auto x racing) and was showing off when I screwed up my clutch. So you should be fine until you can save you money to have it fixed or get an extended warranty and have it fixed later and just pay your deductable. That's if they don't notice it when you bring it in for a first time inspection.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote