View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 04:42 PM   #5
KevinH1990

It pays to be persistent. I located 4 Arctic Silver hard tops last summer in a range of prices. I suspect that AS is one of the most abundant colors, so I'm sure it would be harder to find other colors.

Here's my strategy:

1. Check Craigslist, Autotrader, Cars.com and eBay frequently.
2. If you see a car being sold with a hard top, inquire about buying the top separately. (A hard top only adds about $800 to the value of the car when you use the pricing guides, and not every prospective Boxster owner wants one.)
3. Be flexible. No one wants to ship a hard top so you may need to be willing to make a road trip to pick one up.

I actually bought my hard top from a gentleman in South Carolina. He was moving to Georgia and didn't think he would use it again. The closing date of the eBay auction was July 3 and he wouldn't ship. So I got a good price because of the time of year and location.

Good luck.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote