Thread: Boxster S Seats
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 09:05 PM   #5
RandallNeighbour

The power is indeed there, and the plug in the floorboard plugs right into the seat, but it will not operate.

After quite a bit of examination, I came to the conclusion that it was going to be a LOT of work rewiring the seat controls to work with each of the motors without the harness and buttons for seat memory. I am sure it can be done, but I would not reduce the process to simply swapping some plugs around. That seat is one mass of control boxes and wires, in addition to numerous plugs.

I still have both seats, the fully electric driver's side and the old manual passenger seat and I will endeavor to take pix of both of the bottoms and post the pix here so you can see what I mean.

I did read over on Renntech that someone who was really handy with a soldering iron and was well versed in electronics did frankenstien a seat like mine to work in a non-seat memory boxster, but it appeared that he really did a lot of work.

After writing this post, I'm now wondering if I should take some time to try and get it to work! I still have it and could do it over the summer months. Hmmmm.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote