View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 12:01 PM   #3
hamstur

I assume you drive your car daily and push it for fun, and you mentioned you have PS2s on there now, so I also assume you're running on 18s because they aren't available in 205/50/17s.

If you're doing spirited daily driving, performance summer tires in dry weather have come a long way, and comparing dry road performance is like comparing 90% to 98%. Your winner is going to depend on the additional benefits you get from the tire.

If you want maximum dry performance, check out something like BFGoodrich KDs or Yokohama Advan Neova. Be ready to trade off wet performance, tire wear and cost.

If you want the best all-around tire, keep your Michelin PS2 or check out Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3.

I drove a car on the ContiSportContact2, and while they are comfy, they weren't sporty. I've read the ContiSportContact3 is way better, but don't have first- or second-hand experience.

The #1 safety item on the car are tires, so I went with the Eagle F1 GS-D3 because even though dry performance is shy of the Yoko, BFG and PS2 in dry--again, we're talking like 95%--everybody I know who had them swore the tires perform better than the others in wet, so well that you don't even know the road is wet. I don't drive my car in the rain, but that doesn't mean I haven't gotten caught in it. Also, they cost way less, have a very unique and aesthetic look, and have the best tire wear rating at 280.

Andy
hamstur is offline   Reply With Quote